Pick a topic that is of interest to you. This does not need to be in the area of class learning.. Your topic should also be unrelated to topics other group members are selecting. Make sure to check with each other. For your topic prepare a VAOW goal statement.
- Verb - an action verb like improve, reduce, optimize,
enhance, etc. This should be an action that will make things
better for your users.
- Attribute - some attribute such as: size, readability,
cost, excitement, etc. This is some property of the object of interest.
- Object - The thing that is to become better because of your actions.
This might be a website, a robot, a newspaper, medical care, a taxi, etc.
- Who - From who's perspective will this get better.
- Lower the cost of taxi rides for people landing at JFK airport.
- Raise learning retention of third graders for their parents
There should be a paragraph in your report giving your VAOW statement
for the problem you selected along with a rationale for why you selected that problem.